August 30-31, 2016
Address: Double Tree by Hilton, 889 Yang Gao Nan Road, Pudong, Shanghai
Venue: Golden Spring Hall, West Wing, Floor 4
- 8:30 Arrive
- 8:45 Welcome [Chris]
- 9:00 - 9:30 Open Source Community Principles [Chris]
- 9:30 - 10:00 Developer Success Guide [Gildas]
- How to work in Open-O
- Development Guidelines
- Best practices
- 10:00 - 10:15 Break
- 10:15 - 11:00 Pre-release API and Integration Goals & Principles [Uri]
- 11:00 - 12:00 Project Reviews (should address M3 milestone template, sequence/"swim lane" diagram, functional block diagram, APIs)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 6:15 Project Reviews
- 1:30 - 2:30 GS-O [Brendan]
- 2:30 - 3:00 Common TOSCA [Arthur]
- 3:00 - 3:15 Break
- 3:15 - 4:15 Common Services [Huabing]
- 4:15 - 5:15 SDN-O [Olga]
- 5:15 - 6:15 NFV-O [Lingli]
- 8:30 Arrive
- 8:45 - 9:15 Integration [Helen]
- 9:15 - 10:15 VNF models [Chengli]
- 10:15 - 10:30 Break
- 10:30 - 11:30 VNF SDK Proposal [Alex]
- 11:30 - 12:00 discussion
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 5:00 Cross-Project Discussion
- use-case walk-through
- collaboration tools (slack, IRC, Confluence, etc.)
- 3:00 - 3:15 Break
- 5:00 - 5:15 Wrap-up discussion [Chris/Uri]
[[GSO-ReleaseArchitecture | GSO Release Architecture by Brendan]]
[[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_Plan | Common_TOSCA by Arthur]]
[[Common Service:Release 1:Architecture| Common-Services by Huabing]]
[[SDN-O_Release_Architecture | SDN-O by Olga]]
[[NFV-O:Release_1:Release_Plan| NFVO Plan]] and [[ NFV-O:Release_Architecture | NFVO by Lingli]]
Meeting minutes Day 1: Tuesday, August 30
Goals of the hackfest:
- Review Architecture and ensure alignment among all projects
- Review API
- Ensure we are on track to meet our release date. (M3 this week and Sun Release in November)
Source Community Principles
OPEN-O Community by Chris
Key talking Points:
- Reference to” A word about shoes and socks” … ”the sandbox that is the best I sth eone with the most kids in”
- 14 company as members, 100+ members: Share our toys, and keep growing (membership and developers)
- How to build trust: 13 specific behaviors:
- Talk Straight
- Demonstrate respect
- Create transparency
- Right Wrongs
- Show Loyalty
- Deliver results (hit milstone dates)
- Get Better (continuous improvement)
- Confront Reality
- Clarify Expectation
- Listen first (read minutes)
- Culture: GuanXi (consensus building)
- Developers are more like artists than factory workers
- Use common tools (wiki, Slack, iRC, Email) it provides transprency. Words do not scale.
- Batch Size: open source is on the speed. Goal to reach Minumum Viable Product
- Rapid feedback. Regerence to lottery ticket
- Law of diminishing Results (commercial target vs open source market)
- Opening to discussion:
- Kumar: Tools: communications. Trouble with firewall issue. Discussion planned for Wednesday.
- Chris: Disciple to use the tool (to follow the sun)
- Alex: Currently issues: archives do not exist, not sure how decision are made
- Uri:List of good of principles (lead criteria: committed diversity. Metrics for community performance) to work as a community.
- Marc: Continue to grow the community
Developer Success Guide: Onboarding new Developer
Onboarding New Developers presentation
Further details on onboarding is also available in the Onboarding wiki.
Notes: Gildas to request LF to create mailings specific for each project. Status: Done
OPEN-O Architecture Comments
OPEN-O Architecture Comments by Uri
To support our goal to reach M3 on Thursday, Sept 1
- Key talking Points:
- Keys structural issues
- Key functionality
- The values of Architectural review
- Suggestion for Architecture (Technical Debt recognition)
- Required decision
- Remove the Architecture review from Release1 M3 milestone?: Request for TSC approval.
- Agreement for R 1: API, block diagram, swimmlane as we defined during last week ARC meeting. Proposal to have Uri leading offside discussion later during this hackfest, wth the goal to conduct Gap Analysis and prioritize items for later releases.
- Officially agree on canonized TOSCA YAML over YANG model
- API external, internal
- Ability to add a new project/micro service later.
Microservice Bus Architecture
Integration Workshop Presentation-Common Service by Huabing Zhao
- High level architecture
- Auth Architecture
- API Specification
- Version issue
- Inner versus Outer APIs
Session to be organized with Huabing, Alex, Brendan.
- GSO is an abstraction layer labove technologies such as SDN and NFV.: [[GSO-ReleaseArchitectureScope | Scope]]
- Capture of relationship between components: Uri
- The Service Model (customer friendly) is not part of Sun Release.
- Functionality: [[GSO-ReleaseArchitectureFunctionalities]]
- GS-O assurance is now Out of scope for Sun Release.
- Release delivrable: no change.
- User documentation: minimum doc on how to write a template.
- High level architecture diagram [[GSO-ReleaseArchitectureHigh_level_architecture_diagram | architecture diagram]]. Fo rel 1 big GSO box is a single machine
- Use Case [[GSO-ReleaseArchitectureUse_cases]] and [[GSO-ReleaseArchitectureExternal_interactions]]
- API Incoming dependencies [[GSO-ReleaseArchitectureAPI_Incoming_Dependencies]]
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanArchitecture | Architecture]]
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanFunctionalities | Functionalities]]
- Uri’s request: format between on common-tosca and GSO to be clarified (CSAR file,???) (Arthur, Brendan). To be discussed tomorrow.
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanRelease_Deliverables | Deliverable]]
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanAPI_Incoming_Dependencies | API]]
- Test plan: currently a gap.
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanGaps | GAPS]]:
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanKnown_Issues | Knowm Issue:]]
- [[Common_TOSCA:Release_1:Release_PlanDocumentation.2C_Training.2C_Tutorial | Documentation]]
[[Common Service:Release 1:Architecture| Common-Services]]
- [[ Common_Service:Release_1:ArchitectureScope | Scope]]
- Common-Utilities not presented on purposes on diagram
- no Change on functionality
- [[ Common_Service:Release_1:ArchitectureSub-Components | add sub-cpts: common utility]]
- [[Common_Service:Release_1:ArchitectureArchitecture_Alignment | Archiecture Alignment]]
- [[Common_Service:Release_1:ArchitectureInteractions| Interaction]]
- [[Common_Service:Release_1:ArchitectureAPI_Outgoing_Dependencies | Outgoing API]]
- [[ Common_Service:Release_1:ArchitectureFree_and_Open_Source_Software |FOSS]]
- Model designer Demo
- [[Common_TOSCA:Catalog_API_Documentation |Common Tosca Catalog API]]
- [[:File:OPEN-O API Portal Proposal.pdf|OPEN-O API Portal Proposal]]
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureScope |Scope]] Arthur (common-tosca) to review SDNO proposal
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureSDN-O_Features | Functionalities: no change]]
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureSub-Projects | Sub project]] Added LCM: To clarify LCM naming (which is not really a LCM)
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureHigh_level_architecture_diagram | High level architecture diagram]]
- [[ SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureUse_cases | use case enhanced]]
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureExternal_interactions | External Interactions]]
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureInternal_interactions | Internal Interactions]]
- [[ SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureError_Handling |Error handling]]
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureAPI_Outgoing_Dependencies | API Outgoing Dependencies]] Follow up with ZTE on controller.
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureThird_Party_Dependencies |Dependencies]]
- [[SDN-O_Release_ArchitectureTesting_and_Integration_Plans| Test plan]] Continue discussion on Wednesday on inter project meeting
- [[NFV-O:Release_1:Release_PlanWhat_is_this_release_trying_to_address.3F | What is this release addressing]]
- Question on how SFC is managed: plan to cover during Wednesday inter project meeting
- [[ NFV-O:Release_1:Release_PlanUse_Cases | Use Case]]
- [[ NFV-O:Release_1:Release_PlanFunctionalities | No change in functionality]]
- [[ NFV-O:Release_ArchitectureRelease_Deliverables | Release Deliverable]] No changes since M1
- [[NFV-O:Release_ArchitectureArchitecture_Alignment | Architecture Alignment]]
- [[NFV-O:Release_ArchitectureInteractions| Interactions]]
Meeting minutes Day 2: Wednesday, August 31
Presenter: HelenOpen-O Integration F2F Shanghai Summary by Helen Chen and more
- Integrate everything all together
- Responsible for lab setup
- project Description
- Sun Release deliverable
- Tool Infrastructure: Installation-Delivery of Sun Release (VMs,…) to be brought to TSC for further discussions.
- O-Parent: coding style, license header.
- CI-Management (CI) and JJB
- Unit Test: test framework
- System Test
- General Principle: Cas talk on how to organize the integration testing
- OPEN-O Test Scenarios (pre and post conditions). All testing won’t be performed for Sun Release. Team will be leveraging some OPNVF tools.
- Lab Demo availability will come after Sun Release.
- Discussion on Plugfest in December
Service request Sequence Diagram
Cas to summarize outcome.
VNF Supplier APIs and SDK
New project proposal
VNF Supplier APIs and SDK Project page
- Problem to solve:
- Streamline the process to onboard.
- Standardize the dependencies on VNF products.
- Deliver some extension to tosca.
- Deliver extension to data model using vnfd and vdus.
- Provide DevOps tooling
Awareness that this VNF project is coming late. Micro service architecture allows for patch and deliver asynchronously to OPEN-O releases.
'''Call for vote''':
OPEN-O has 8 TSC voting members. At the time of the TSC Chair (Chris) calling for the vote 6 out of 8 voting members were present if the room thus quorum was reached.
1. Intel- Uri:+1
2. China Mobile-Lingli: +1
4. ZTE-Huabing: -1
5. Gigaspaces-Arthur: +1
7. China Telecom: TSC Voting member Chen was not present and no delegation for voting for attributed.
8. HKT-Frankie: absent
Gildas made a summary of the vote outcome and Marc Cohn (Linux Foundation) called the vote as '''Pass'''.
OPEN-O M3 milestone
Based on the artifacts (Architecture template, API in Swagger, swim lane, entity relation diagram) presented at Shanghai on Tuesday, August 30, by PTLs and in accordance with the deliverable plan agreed on last ARC meeting, there was a consensus to qualify OPEN-O Release M3 passed. The expected MVP was reached.
- [[August_2016_HackfestGSO |GSO]]
- [[August_2016_HackfestSDNO |SDNO]]
- [[August_2016_HackfestNFVO |NFVO]]
- [[August_2016_HackfestCommon_Tosca | Common Tosca ]]
- [[August_2016_HackfestCommon_Services | Common_Services]]
Doc Project Proposal
Presenter: Chengli Wang.
Project named: OPEN-O Modeling