This page is the OPEN-O Mercury Release Notes.
If you have any question please contact Linux Foundation.
- Release Name: Mercury
- Release Version: 2.0.0
- Release Date: April 27, 2017
- Release Type: Generally Available
- Former Release: OPEN-O Sun Release
- Next Release: OPEN-O Mercury Release is the latest OPEN-O Release. OPEN-O has merged with Open Source ECOMP to become ONAP
OPEN-O is developing a solution to allow ''Any Service on Any Network". OPEN-O delivers to the community a micro services based architecture providing operators an incremental path to transform their networks (including OSS/BSS), through the adoption of SDN and NFV orchestration platform.
The Sun Release is built to support our Virtual CPE use case. This use case has two components:
- Through a coordinated cloud and network approach, OPEN-O Enterprise Use Case provides automated end-to-end ''cloud + enterprise private network'' service to enterprise users. Enterprise users benefit from high-quality and cheap cloud service without deploying any complex infrastructure by themselves.
- OPEN-O Residential Use Case allows operators to provide off the shelf residential vCPE services, such as parental control and firewall, within minutes. Open-O orchestrates the VNFs for vCPE to be deployed to the nearest TIC Edge to the requesting subscriber’s home.
The Mercury Release is built to support VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) where OPEN-O automatically triggers action, scales up and down to add and remove more virtual resource on data plane to cope with traffic.
OPEN-O Sun Release is built around 5 main projects providing the following functionalities:
- GS-O project implements the Global Service Orchestrator. GS-O is responsible for providing end-to-end services.
- SDN-O project implements the Software Defined Network Orchestrator. SDN-O provides connectivity services across SDN and legacy networks.
- NFV-O projects implements the Network Function Virtualization Orchestrator. NFV-O provides an ETSI MANO-aligned NFV orchestrator.
- Common Services project provides the common services for all the other OPEN-O components, including our Microservice bus, HA, Driver Manager, Log, Authentication and Protocol Stack.
- Common Tosca project provides the TOSCA Parser and Execution Engine and Model Designer.
OPEN-O Mercury Release add the following functionalities:
- VNF-SDK project delivers VNF packaging tool, VNF Marketplace and VNF Testing Framework to enable VNF suppliers to participate in the OPEN-O platform. It works with NFV-O to facilitate VNF Onboarding.
- Modelling project documents API and Data Models used in OPEN-O.
- GVNFM project provides a generic VNF manager as defined in ETSI NFV standard.
- Client project provides an unified GUI and CLI for the OPEN-O functionalities provided over RESTful API. In addition, Client provides Java & JS SDK for OPEN-O services.
- Multi VIM project offers support for multiple versions of OpenStack and VMWare VIMs.
- SDN Hub Driver provides drivers for SDN Controllers.
- SDN-O provides catalogue driven orchestration and management engine (SDN-O LCM), TOSCA based.
- Holmes project provides an alarm correlation and analysis framework.
- Policy project provides a policy framework for OPEN-O.
OPEN-O Mercury Release has been tested on CentOS version 7 and is the only OS supported.
Depending on the way you are installing OPEN-O (through the Tarball or Docker) the following software may be installed, configured and running prior to execute any OPEN-O Service.
Consult the Tarball or Docker installation instructions for further details.
Integration and compatibility Matrix
This section is to document the third party software and their version OPEN-O is supporting.
|OpenStack||Newton||OpenStack on Ubuntu 14.04 and Red Hat 7.3.2|
Third Party Dependencies: Controller view
TOR (CE5850, CE6850) LB (F5) ThinCPE (AR3260 V2R8) PE (NE40E V8R8C10) GW (CE6800+USG6390)
Name Description Dependency Version Huawei WAN Controller The Core Network Controller used for provisioning L3 VPN underlay in the WAN between two PEs. AC-VAN V3R1 Huawei Access Controller The Overlay SDN Controller used for provisioning VxLAN in Access/POP and provisioning IPsec in POP. AC-B V2R2C00 Huawei DC Controller The DC SDN Controller (Neutron) used for provisioning IPSec and VPC in DC. AC-DC V2R1C00 CT TE Controller The CT TE Controller specifically used for Monitor Unitilization & Optimize Underlay Service Path Use Case (stretch goal, minternal for Release 1) To fill out Huawei DC Devices Huawei Devices in the lab, most accessed via controllers, there will be temporary need to integrate directly with Huawei DC devices FW (USG 63900) ZTE SPTN Controller The SDN Super Controller used for provisioning L2VPN and L3VPN over MPLS-TP for SPTN SPTN_API ZTE DC Controller The DC SDN Controller used for provisioning Vxlan in DC ZTE ZENIC V1.0R2 ZTE SFC Controller The SFC Controller used for provisioning vCPE Service chain in DC ZTE ZENIC for SFC ZTE DC Devices ZTE Devices in the lab, most accessed via controllers, there will be temporary need to integrate directly with ZTE DC devices TOR(5960H)
ZTE OLT The OLT device used for Residence to Internet scenario C320 ZTE pCPE The pCPE device used for Residence to Internet scenario F623 ZTE vCPE The vCPE used for Residence to Internet scenario including vNAT, vFW ZXVCPE V1.00.10 ZTE vBRAS CP The vBRAS CP used for pCPE authentication, accouting, authorization ZXVBNG V1.00.10 ZTE VNFM ZTE VNF Manager, used for VNF lifecycle management ZTE vManager V6.16.10
TOR (CE5850, CE6850)
ThinCPE (AR3260 V2R8)
PE (NE40E V8R8C10)
Third Party Dependencies: Services View
GW: V200R005C21 TOR: CE5850 & CE6850
Use-case Service Network and Technology Description Contributing partner for Driver Driver name Controller Controller NBI Enterprise Overlay VxLAN Between site edge ThinCPE and vCPE Huawei sdno-driver-huawei-overlay Huawei AC-Branch V2R2C00 Huawei and vCPE V200R007C00SPC900 AC-B API Enterprise Ovleray IPSec At vCPE Egress towards PE Huawei sdno-driver-huawei-overlay Huawei AC-Branch V2R2C00 AC-B API Enterprise Overlay IPSec At DC GW/Firewall Ingress Huawei sdno-driver-huawei-openstack Huawei AC-DC V2R1C00 OS API Enterprise Underlay MPLS-TP L2 VPN Metro access ZTE sdno-driver-zte-sptn ZTE SPTN V1.20.00.B05 SPTN API Enterprise Underlay MPLS BGP L3 VPN WAN across PE's Huawei sdno-driver-huawei-l3vpn Huawei AC-WAN V300R001C00 AC-WAN API Enterprise DC GW instance virtual router instance-VPC Huawei sdno-driver-huawei-openstack Openstack with AC-DC V2R1C00 OS API Enterprise DC SFC SFC of physical elements inside DC network Huawei sdno-driver-huawei-servicechain FW: USG6390 FW Interface Traffic Optimization Traffic optimization to assist TE in Enterprise/Residential Metro WAN China Telecom sdno-driver-ct-te ZTE ZENIC IPSDN Controller API Residential Underlay MPLS-TP L3 VPN Metro WAN ZTE sdno-driver-zte-sptn ZTE SPTN SPTN API Residential vFW instance Virtual firewall for children's traffic ZTE VNFM Driver ZXVCPE V1.00.10 VNFM Driver API Definition Residential vNAT instance Virtual NAT for children's traffic ZTE VNFM Driver ZXVCPE V1.00.10 VNFM Driver API Definition Residential vBRAS instance The vBRAS CP used for pCPE authentication, accounting and authorization ZTE VNFM Driver ZXVBNG V1.00.10 VNFM Driver API Definition Residential vCPE SFC SFC of virtual elements inside TIC-EDGE network ZTE SDNC Driver ZTE ZENIC for SFC SDNC API Specification Residential Service Traffic Classify NSH encapsulation ZTE ZTE SDNC Driver M6000-3S SDNC API Specification
TOR: CE5850 & CE6850
Mercury Release deliverables are available in 2 format: Tarball and Docker. The are both accessible from the OPEN-O Releases download page.
Download Source Code
Source code is available to the public in Gerrit.
Clone each project from Gerrit by using the command:
To find the complete list of OPEN-O projects, see https://gerrit.open-o.org/r/#/admin/projects/
Access to OPEN-O Continuous Integration System.
There are 2 main ways to install OPEN-O:
- From the Tarball: procedures to install OPEN-O from A to Z using the OPEN-O Tarball.
- Using Docker: procedures to install OPEN-O using Docker.
To understand the OPEN-O GUI Operations refer to the OPEN-O GUI Operations.
Each OPEN-O functional component has its set of API Documentation.